2022 Focus Areas
The key focus areas for 2022 are:
- Novel Methodologies to Enhance Global Ophthalmic Clinical Insights, with emphasis on:
- Remote data collection strategies for intercontinental and local assessment of clinical contact lens performance and related ocular physiology
- New Technologies for Prediction, Prevention, and Treatment of Myopia, including:
- Novel ways of collecting information about the visual environment
- Myopia control modalities and quality of life / visual efficiency measurements
- Ortho-K applications for Myopia management
- Applications of Digital Therapeutics for Myopia
- Intelligent systems (machine learning) and big data approaches for identifying eyes at risk of developing pathology due to refractive error
Research proposals may span proof-of-concept through translational stages. For this purpose, two types of awards are offered:
CooperVision Seedling Award
The CooperVision Seedling Award is intended to incentivize collaborations with CooperVision in a new research area for a one-year period. The maximum total cash amount for a CooperVision seedling is $100,000.
CooperVision Translational Research Award
The CooperVision Translational Research Award is a multi-year award for a substantive translational research project with funding over two years, totaling up to $400,000.
Any researcher with Principal Investigator (PI) status holding a MD, OD, or PhD is eligible to apply. Applicants, such as postdoctoral fellows, with a waiver of PI status must submit appropriate documentation before funding can be received.
Submission of a Letter of Intent (LOI)
Applicants must submit a LOI before July 15, 2022. If the LOI is accepted, applicants will be notified and invited to submit a full proposal.
Upon approval of the LOI, applicants may submit a full proposal. The complete proposal must be submitted by the deadline September 30, 2022.
Please note that animal model proposal studies will not be accepted for 2022 Science & Technology Awards
Please contact STAward@coopervision.com with questions.
CooperVision will make an effort to limit access to the LOIs and full proposals to CooperVision employees involved in implementing the Science & Technology Award. However, due to the numbers received, CooperVision will not enter into a confidentiality agreement as a condition for receipt of a LOI or full proposal. Therefore, applicants should take care to exclude confidential information from their submissions.